1941943 Alberta LTD o/a Fix Auto Calgary Deerfoot is an expert in car body repair and collision repair for all types of vehicles. The body shop in Calgary, Alberta guarantees cars body repair for life. Being part of Fix Auto’s international network of body shops, we have established a reputation respected by many insurers.
1941943 Alberta LTD o/a Fix Auto Calgary Deerfoot is looking to hire an Automotive Body Technician to join our team at #138 – 588 Aero Drive NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 7Y4
· Wage: $30.00/hour
· Hours: 40 Hours / Week
· Benefits: Access to Group Insurance Benefits after 3 months of employment.
Terms of employment:
· Vacancies: 4
· Permanent, Full time
· Start date: As soon as possible
· Employment conditions: Morning, Day, Evening
· Work location: #138 – 588 Aero Drive NE, Calgary, AB, T2E 7Y4
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
· Replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
· Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
· File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired
· Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers
· Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
· Repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
· Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling
· Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
· Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
· Communicate to procurement team if any other parts or components required
· Complete all required paperwork and vehicle pictures, pre, during and after
· Adhere to all Safety Policies and Procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Ability to communicate in English
· Secondary (high) school certificate
· Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification
· 2 years to less than 3 years of work experience
· Candidate must have a valid driver’s license
· Driving record check (abstract) required
· Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment, be attentive to detail, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling, overtime required
· Personal suitability: reliability, judgement, dependability, excellent oral communication, team player, accurate, flexibility, initiative.
If this describes you, and you have the necessary experience and education, then let’s talk! By joining Fix Auto you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment; one that promises to be innovative, team oriented, and recognised for its quality repairs. We invite qualified applicants to forward cover letters and detailed resumes to this posting – please acknowledge in writing the location of this job posting as relocation costs are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applicants can apply by email: email@example.com or fax applications to 587-619-0889.
Walk-ins will not be entertained. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.