Position: Activities & Events Coordinator
Hours: 35 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $25.00
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Benefits: Extended medical insurance after 3 months of probation period
Working location: 636 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6C 2G2
Number of job vacancies: 1
Company Name: Discover Canada Tours
Primary Service of Business: Tourism agency
Are you a hard worker who loves to travel and have fun? If so, look no further, as a full-service travel management company, we offer excellent travel perks in addition to a lively and fun office environment with plenty of opportunity for advancement. We are looking for passionate people who bring a commitment for excellence and teamwork to join us.
· Managing, promoting, and selling tours and activities at a specific assigned account
· Planning, designing and organizing a monthly activity and events calendar
· Coordinating and leading activities and events such as walking tours, after school activities, sporting events, BBQs, themed parties and holiday events
· Executing in-school and industry related presentations
· Receiving and managing group inquiries, with a focus on the youth market from around the world, including:
o Coordinate and book all inclusions with suppliers
o Create and report rooming lists, activity manifests and other specific group inclusions
o Monitor release periods to avoid any penalties related to cancellation or reduction of blocks
o Prepare final documents including: confirmed itinerary, passenger manifest, activity reservation numbers, etc.
o Quoting and booking transportation(flights and/or bus)for groups in conjunction with operations and Travel agents.
o Consult with Guides to confirm all aspects of the tour they are to guide.
· Planning and overseeing the specified account’s youth summer and winter camps (quoting, hiring, planning, and leading) in conjunction with the Manager of Commercial and Product Development
· Working with marketing team to create sales and marketing materials to attract new clients
· Working with the marketing team to send out marketing campaigns through social media and emails to attract new clients and accounts
· Attending industry specific trade shows to help secure new clients and tour options
· In conjunction with the WT Division lead, scheduling regular check ins with Account Directors or appropriate account personnel
· Tracking activity and events accounting and preparing reports for account Directors
· Hiring, training and supervising support staff required for activities and events
Degree or diploma in business, tourism, or hospitality administration
At least 1-2 years of related recent experience in hospitality or tourism administration OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
Excellent organization, time management and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize within tight timelines
· Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
· Ability to work with maximum accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
· Outgoing and ability to speak in front of a crowd
· Commitment to continuous self-improvement
· Professional attitude and appearance
· Commitment to the company’s objectives
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Activities & Events Coordinator” in the subject line.