Title of Position: ECE Assistant
NOC TEER: 42202
No. of Positions: 1
Work Location: #209-15372 94th Avenue Surrey, BC, V3R 1E3
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-time.
Hours of work: 30 hours per week.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Wage: $20.50 per hour
Employment groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth.
Education: Secondary (High) School Graduation certificate.
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
· Nursery school
· Before and after school programs
· Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, and taking children to local points of interest
· Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children
· Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
· Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs, and preparing crafts
· provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music, and physical activity
· Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits
· Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
· Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
· Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
· Discuss the progress and problems of children at staff meetings
· Knowledge of licensing regulations
· Establish guidelines for behavior
· Attend staff meetings to discuss the progress and problems of children
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
· Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children
· Supervise and coordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Certificates, licenses, memberships, and courses
· Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Repetitive tasks
· Physically demanding
· Attention to detail
· Combination of sitting, standing, walking
· Bending, crouching, kneeling
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Team player
· Values and ethics
· Ability to multitask
The employer accepts applications from:
· Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
· Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org