Techise team is the device repair experts who offer high-quality experience, professional customer service, and guaranteed repair for aesthetic and internal issues, from cracked screens to software bugs in your smart device. Our mission is to give your valuable gadget a second life. We repair all hardware/software failures on your mobile, iPads/tablets, laptops, and all other electronic devices. We sell a variety of accessories, protective cases, screen protectors, and a great selection of refurbished phones, computers, and tablets.
We are looking for a Computer Repair Technician who is well-versed in computer systems and network functions.
An ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, be able to work efficiently and accurately and possess a thorough understanding of technology.
· Location: Suite 208, 211 Pembina Avenue, Hinton, AB, T7V 2B3
· On the road job
· Salary: $25.00 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per Week
· Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Weekend
· Start date: Starts as soon as possible
· Benefits: Financial benefits, other benefits
· Vacancies: 2 vacancies
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
On-site customer service
Relocation costs covered by employer
Willing to relocate
Diagnose and troubleshoot computer hardware and software issues. Identify problems with computer systems, peripherals, and software applications and determine the appropriate solutions. Repair or replace faulty hardware components such as hard drives, motherboards, memory modules, power supplies, and graphics cards. Install, update, and configure operating systems, drivers, and various software applications on computers. Performing system maintenance and upgrades such as cleaning computer components, applying system updates and patches, and upgrading hardware or software to improve performance. Set up and configure computer networks such as routers, switches, and wireless access points. Assist with data backup strategies and perform data recovery tasks in the event of system failures or data loss. Provide technical support and customer service with computer-related issues, both in person and remotely, guidance and instructions on the use of computer systems and software. Maintain detailed records of repairs, service requests, and solutions provided to customers for future reference and tracking. Stay updated with industry trends and new technologies and keep up with the latest advancements in computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting techniques to provide effective solutions. Adhere to safety procedures when working with computer equipment and follow security protocols to protect sensitive data and systems.
Type of service and repair
Computers and peripherals
Computer and technology knowledge
Programmable logic controller (PLC)
Area of specialization
Business and commercial machines
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail
Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work under pressure
Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Efficient interpersonal skills
Excellent oral communication
Excellent written communication
Values and ethics
Transportation provided by employer
Employment groups Help – Employment groups
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Youth.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
· If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
· References attesting experience
· Cover letter
· Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
· Are you available for the advertised start date?
· Are you currently a student?
· Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
· Are you willing to relocate for this position?
· Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
· Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
· Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
· What is the highest level of study you have completed?