Techise team is the device repair experts who offer high-quality experience, professional customer service, and guaranteed repair from aesthetic and internal issues, from cracked screens to software bugs in your smart device. Our mission is to give your valuable gadget a second life. We repair all hardware/software failures on your mobile, iPads/tablets, laptops, and all other electronic devices. We sell a variety of accessories, protective cases, screen protectors, and a great selection of refurbished phones, computers, and tablets.
We are looking for a self-motivated and incredibly talented individual with knowledge and experience in cellphones and other electronic device repair. Works as a leader and a team member to organize, coordinate, provide solutions, and complete daily workloads. Has strong communication skills and excellent technical problem-solving skills to meet the needs of the customers, and the business and fulfill brand promises.
· Location: Suite 1540 3725 56 St. Wetaskiwin, AB, T9A 2V6
· Salary: $28.00 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per Week
· Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time, Day, Evening, Morning, Weekend
· Start date: Starts as soon as possible
· Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Relocation costs covered by employer
Willing to relocate
· Handle and interact positively with customers in-store and over the phone.
· Identify customer needs and provide recommendations for repairs, additional services, and accessories.
· Provide repair estimates/replacement according to problem diagnosis and offer recommendations.
· Perform diagnostic testing using sophisticated electronic test equipment, measuring devices, meters, and hand tools in analyzing, adjusting, installing, repairing, maintaining, and testing wireless devices and associated equipment.
· Performs required incidental and preventative maintenance and associated equipment, and completes necessary logs, reports, and postings.
· Operates laptop computers, or similar devices, to access required systems and equipment. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Repair logic board issues from water damage
· Soldering skills required.
· Perform tests and quality control to ensure full functionality of the device.
· Update and educate customers on complex repair processes and repair status.
· Manage hardware components used for repairs and keep track of all devices maintain inventory store stock.
· Utilize the point-of-sale system to maintain an accurate record of customer information, service tickets, inventory, and real-time status of each repair.
· Solid knowledge of the most popular phones and technology
· Knowledge of both Android and Apple operating systems, hardware, and software issues
· Background in wireless & cellular fundamentals.
· Experience working with AC & DC power systems.
· Strong technical and problem-solving skills
· Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand and power tools.
· Wear appropriate safety equipment and follow established safety practices and procedures.
Computer and technology knowledge
Security and safety
Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail
Work under pressure
Efficient interpersonal skills
Excellent oral communication
Excellent written communication
Values and ethics
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
· If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
· Are you available for the advertised start date?
· Are you willing to relocate for this position?
· Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
· Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
· What is the highest level of study you have completed?