Work Shift: It can be daytime, evening, weekends and/or holidays
Wage: $20.00 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: 1011 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 5T4
Located in Vancouver’s historic Yaletown neighbourhood, The Parlour is a place of convergence for East Coast edge and West Coast hospitality. We pair innovative cocktails, craft-brewed beers and quality wines with an inventive menu featuring handcrafted pizzas and an elegant twist on authentic comfort cuisine. To maintain our service standard, we are currently hiring a full time Cook to join our team!
· Help in the preparation and design of menu items
· Produce high quality plates, focusing on appearance, taste, and structure
· Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely manner that meets our quality standards
· Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
· Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
· Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
· Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
· Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas in the kitchen
· Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
· Perform all other duties as assigned
· Completion of Secondary School
· At least 1 – 2 years of recent experience in high-volume kitchens is required
· Strong knife skills and knowledge of operating kitchen equipment
· Work as a team player and communicate well with others
· Attentive to detail and good organizational skills
· Be able to work under pressure and work in a fast-paced environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Cook” in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.